1. Characterization of the agricultural resources of the zone with respect to identification of technological requirements and training needs of the zone.
2. Preparation of technological packages for various crops for their meaningful utilization in training and follow up extension programme.
3. Planning and conducting need based production oriented short duration courses for farmers, farm women and rural youth.
4. Imparting vocational training to un-employed rural youths and school dropouts for the self-employment.
5. Organizing farm science clubs in adopted village.
6. Developing and maintaining instructional farm and demonstration units for training purpose.
7. Demonstration of tested and recommended technologies for location specific situation to find out the potentialities and profitability.
8. Conducting on farm testing of the technologies developed by NAU and ICAR Research Institute for the local situation and suitability, identification of constraints.
9. Collection and documentation of ITK of the zone.
10. Organizing pre-kharif and pre-rabi interfaces between the scientists and armers to know the adoption of the technology, constraints in adoption of technology and communication ofrelevant technologies.
11. Publication of farm literature for dissemination of recommended technologies.